Friday, July 22, 2016

Entering into Phase 3 and the Weekly Menu

Well I have made it through Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the eating plan.  I shared this recipe for Chicken Broccoli Rice Bowl  from Phase 1 with you and told you a little bit about how my first day went. The second day was about the same as the first day.  I don't know if I was still detoxing or if Phase 1 is just going to be difficult for me.  We will know more after Monday and Tuesday of next week.


I felt pretty darn good during Phase 2 which is the meat and veggies phase.  I did miss being able to have any fruit or grains but I felt pretty stable mentally and was never hungry during this phase. I am now going into Phase 3 of the eating plan.  During this phase we are able to eat many more items at each meal and snack.  Each meal gets to have a healthy fat, grains, protien, veggies and fruit.
Woohoo.

I am anxious to see how my body reacts to this phase and I am excited to plan my menu for the next week. I am thrilled that, after 4 full days on this plan, my weight is down 5 lbs.


Saturday night we are taking Larry, Mary and Natasha out to dinner.  We will be celebrating Larry and Mary's 50th Wedding Anniversary.

Sunday is our last meal with all of our CA folks.  I am not sure who will be coming by to see them or how many we will be having for dinner so I am keeping it easy with burgers and salads.

Mary, Natasha and Molly leave at 5 am on Monday morning.  I have a meeting at church at 4 pm and Larry and our brother, Dick, are spending the evening together before Larry leaves for his road trip back home on his Harley.  He makes that trip every year.

Things quiet way down after that with nothing scheduled as of yet.  Still waiting on appraisals on the houses and closing dates.  Enjoy the Weekly Menu and I will be talking to you soon.

Saturday
Dinner out

Sunday
Grilled Burgers
Assorted Salads

Monday
Turkey Chili

Tuesday
Chicken Sausage and Brown Rice Pasta

Wednesday
Southwestern Beef and Cabbage Soup

Thursday
Strip Steak
Mushrooms and Onions
Steamed Broccoli
Garlic Mashed Potatoes for Frank

Fish Friday
Coconut Pecan Crusted Halibut
Artichokes and Hummus Dip
Sweet Potato for me/Baked Potato for Frank









27 comments:

  1. Woot! Congrats on losing 5 pounds so far! I've been trying to find info about the diet, but can't find anything without buying the book, which I can't do right now. :/ Keep up the great work Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found these charts from the book on Google images so you might want to do a google search and see what pops up April. Thanks for the cheering on.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the charts Wendy!

      Delete
    3. Hi Wendy, I am just beginning this plan and am so confused. The portions here confuse me. for example phase one says fruit for bkfst/snack/lunch/snack. That is four fruits and per the portion section in the book, each is one piece of fruit or one cup. Can you help me here, to understand this better??

      Delete
    4. Yes along with the other foods at lunch and breakfast you are also required to eat a serving of fruit. The serving is according to how much weight you want to lose but normally 1 piece or 1 c. of fruit constitutes a serving. You must eat that fruit on Phase 1 but if you are still hungry you can eat as many vegetables as you would like. I hope that helps.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. Hi April,
      Check you local library for the book. Our library had 3 copies. Also, Check out HayliePomroy.com as she holds 2 week challenges. She just started one this week. Good Luck.

      Delete
    7. What is the name of the book please?

      Delete
    8. Hi Eddie, the book is called The Fast Metabolism Diet.

      Delete
  2. YAY! And good for you. I want to look into this and see if it is something I want to try. I could use that 5 pounds x 10 (or more). Can't wait to see how it goes for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be happy if I can lose this 5 + 30. So far so good Paula

      Delete
  3. How much weight have you lost now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost a total of 18 lbs during the 28 day session. I have not been following the program consistently since that first session however I have maintained where I was within a few lbs each weigh in.
      I hope to do another 28 day session soon.

      Delete
  4. Would love to see the reverse side of the quick start guide for women post menopause. I've searched and searched and cant seem to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was post menopausal when I did the 28 day program. I don't recall that it said for me to do anything differently than others.

      Delete
  5. I just saw that the quick start guide someone posted said, Look on the back if you are in any stage of menopause. I just couldn't find a picture of the back of that card. Thanks for your reply. Have a Blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just starting this Today is my first day in phase 3. So far with just phase 1 and 2 I'm down 5 lbs just 140 to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Claudette. I did very well on the FMD but as you can see it was a good long while ago. I should probably go another round.

      Delete
    2. Hi Claudette, I'm starting this journey tomorrow. I'm looking forward to follow your journey as well. Keep up this fantastic path.

      Delete
  7. I started today and had a late lunch due to work. But got back on track late afternoon. I did not find it difficult at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking to start phase 1 but confused on the charts since I see Day1/2 Monday and Tuesday for phase 1, Day3/4 Wednesday Thursday for phase 2… what does that mean? I thought each phase was for 1-3 weeks before moving to phase 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not on the Fast Metabolism diet. On this eating plan you complete the entire cycle in a week and repeat that for 6 weeks or for as long as it suits your needs.

      Delete
  9. Hi going to start the FMD next month as we have lots going on with family visits, birthdays and such. I’ve been detoxing from carbs (always thought they were the enemy) so I’m curious to see how reintegrating them back into my diet. So my question to you is how did you do on this program and were you able to keep the weight off and having a better relationship with food? I know a loaded question. Sorry….😁😉 Please any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. I know I need to do several cycles of this plan, but did you take time off in between for a little break or do you keep on trucking until goal has been achieved? See I keep going into loaded questions…thank you in advance for your time and patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did well on the program and did lose weight and felt good. I would like to say that it changed my relationship with food but unfortunately I did not continue with the program. I have kept most of the weight off but walk daily in order to accomplish that.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.