Sunday, September 10, 2017

Jalapeno Poppers for #SundaySupper

It's September folks...you know what that means....Football season!!!  Now, I must confess that I am not a huge football fan.  I am, however, a huge party fan and football season means game day parties, tailgates, and gathering with friends and family.  Now, THAT, I can get into.  I don't even mind having the game on in the background.

In honor of the season, the folks over at Sunday Supper suggested that we share our favorite finger foods for our readers.


Tingting's friend, Charlie, came over for dinner the other night.  He mentioned that he had been having a hankering for jalapeno poppers all day.  


As luck would have it, I had gone to the Farmer's Market that morning and had bought a pile of jalapeno peppers.  I didn't know what I was going to make with them but I couldn't pass them up. They were gorgeous.


I also happened to have cream cheese, cheddar cheese and some bacon.  So, while they played in the pool with my Little Angel Face, I quickly put together these poppers for them to snack on before dinner.


They were very surprised when I brought the poppers out to the pool.  They were gone in a flash, I think Frank had one,  Ting had one or two and Charlie scarfed down the rest exclaiming how good they were and that he couldn't believe that I made him poppers.  Score a touchdown for the girl's mom!!

Baked Jalapeno Poppers

6 Jalapeno Peppers
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. shredded white cheddar cheese
6 strips bacon

Cut peppers, including stem, in half and remove all membrane and seeds.  Combine the cheeses and spread mound into one half of the peppers, topping with the other half.  Wrap a slice of bacon around the stuffed pepper and place onto a baking sheet.  Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 15-18 minutes, until bacon is crisped and pepper is tender.  Print Page

More Fantastic Finger Foods

Finger-licking Football Party Finger Food

Flavorful Football Party Finger Food

Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

7 comments:

  1. I love that with only 4 ingredients you have these salty, spicy, creamy, delicious appetizers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love jalapenos and this is so great because it really lightens poppers up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a football fan. But I do love the food of football season. These sound amazing. Is Charlie a special friend??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were acquaintances in high school. He was Dian's best friend so he and his girlfriend spent lots of time at our house. When Dian was back in town, he spent time here visiting him and he and Ting connected. They have been going out since July and his status is moved from friend to boyfriend now.

      Delete
  4. My granddaughter would love these!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.