Friday, September 22, 2017

The First Day of Fall?? and the Weekly Menu

Happy Fall everyone....here in Michigan we are still in the midst of summer weather.  The temps have been in the 80's and the sun has been shining.  Not that I am complaining, mind you, it is just that it's hard to want to stand in a kitchen, preserving food for the winter months, when the swimming pool is beckoning.


We spent last evening on a sailboat cruising the St. Clair River with a wonderful group of people including John and Kirsten, pictured here with us.  Our friends, the Bendas, had won this wonderful cruise and had generously included us in the group with whom they shared it.  We started off at the River Crab Restaurant for cocktails and appetizers.  The we cruised for an hour before returning to the restaurant for dinner.  It was a perfect evening.


Tomorrow we are celebrating Melody's 3rd birthday.  Three!  She is three!!  How did that happen? I asked.  Melody looked at me as if I were very slow...."I had a birthday, Grammy".

She is having a Moana themed party at her Aunt Amy's house.  Thankfully the weather is going to continue to be beautiful and sunny so it will be an outdoor party.  Aunt Amy and Uncle Doug live right on the Clinton River so it is a beautiful setting for a Moana party.  

Frank will be heading over there today to set up the tent and drop of tables and chairs.  I will be hitting the grocery store and spending the day cooking "Hawaiian Style" food.

Nothing else special going on this week in the household. However, we are celebrating #AppleWeek on the blog so I have a slew of apple recipes that I will be sharing with you each day.

I'm hoping to get some more canning and preserving completed and I will be cooking and baking my heart out because immediately after Apple Week we are celebrating #PumpkinWeek.

Here's what we're having for dinner each day, please stop in and visit each day.  I love seeing you.

Saturday- Moana Party
Kalua Pork
Pineapple Chicken Fingers
Rice Mingle Salad
Hawaiian Cole Slaw
Crockpot Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese

Sunday
Chicken in a Crock
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Steamed Brocolli

Meatless Monday
Pumpkin Lasagna
Salad

Toddler Tuesday
Chicken Noodle Soup
Homemade Bread

Wednesday
Out for Dinner

Thursday
Chicken Pot Pie

Fish Friday
Fish and Pumpkin Stew


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.