Sunday, December 10, 2017

Getting Ready for Game Night and the Weekly Menu

Hard to believe it is already the 10th of December.  This is a tough day for me. This is the day that my brother, Dan, decided that life was too hard and he left us.  I pray that he found the peace for which he was searching and that he is celebrating this holiday season with Mom, Pops. his longtime partner, Diane, who passed away this past July, and his son, Dan Jr.


Dan and Diane during happier times.


I find the best way to deal with grief is to remember that my life continues and that there are still so many people in my life with whom I am blessed.



Yesterday, I attended a cookie exchange at my sister in law, Rebecca's house.  She not only fed us but she sent home leftovers for me to give to Frank.  It was a nice start to the Christmas season.

Tonight we are having friends over for dinner and a game night.  It should be a fun, relaxing evening and I'm looking forward to it.

The rest of the week is going to be spent getting ready for our Santa party next Saturdeay, shopping for Christmas gifts, and getting ready for the Christmas distribution at the Food Pantry.

I am sharing the Weekly Menu and I will be posting new recipes and photos each day this week.  Hope to see you when you take a break from your Christmas preparations.


Saturday
Leftovers

Sunday
Pork Wellington
Potato Gallette
Glazed Carrots
Bread Sticks
Chocolate Cherry Jelly Roll

Meatless Monday
Cheese Ravioli
Salad

Tuesday
Chicken Noodle Soup
Dinner Rolls

Wednesday
Out for Dinner

Thursday
Hot and Sweet Pork Stir Fry
Steamed Rice

Friday
Salmon with Orzo and Arugula Pesto



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.